If you want herby chicken instead of spiced, leave out the spices and use dried mixed herbs instead.
Oven Baked Chicken
4 chicken fillets
2 onions, cut into wedges
6 cloves of garlic, peeled but whole
4 chunks of celery, washed
Chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Pour about a tablespoon of olive oil into an ovenproof dish. When the oven is hot, put the dish into the oven to warm up while you're doing your preparation - if the oil is a bit hot when you're adding everything it makes the veg less greasy.
- Brush each side of the chicken fillets with olive oil. Shake some spice over each side - if you want it nice and hot, add the chilli flakes to each side too. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the veg and chicken in the dish, pour some boiling water in over it until the chicken is nearly covered.
- Cover the dish with tinfoil. Bake in the oven for 40 mins, turning the chicken over halfway through.
- Take the tinfoil off and bake for a further 10 - 15 mins until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Serve with baby potatoes and some oven roasted vegetables - or as a broth with the water from the dish along with some crusty bread.