2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
Dash of milk
Knob of butter
2 large onions, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 sticks celery, chopped
1 cup of lentils, rinsed and soaked
1 whole beetroot, chopped
1 can chickpeas, drained
Good handful of frozen peas
2 tins of tomatoes
Dried basil, paprika, cumin
- Boil sweet potatoes and potatoes for 15-20 mins until soft. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Sauté onions, carrots, celery for 5 mins until softened.
- Add lentils, chickpeas, peas and beetroot. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tinned tomatoes, herbs, and spices and stir well.
- Cook for 10 mins until carrots are tender and lentils are cooked.
- Mash topping ingredients together and season.
- Pour filling into an ovenproof dish. Top with potatoes and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins until browned. Serve with crusty bread.